Position: Sexual Assault Services Program Coordinator (Tooele)
Full Time Equivalency: 0.5
Position length: Ends in June 2023 (temporary position)
Reports to: Assistant Director
We engage individuals and organizations in local and statewide collaborations to strengthen the effectiveness of sexual violence education, prevention, and response in Utah. UCASA started in 1996 when people from across the state came together to end sexual assault. We began a partnership with state agencies and service providers that lasts to this day. Together, we support survivors and work to prevent sexual assault in all forms. UCASA is growing! Over the past couple of years, UCASA has faced significant challenges and is in the process of re-imagining our work and our organization. This is an exciting time to be a part of this organization, to be on the ground as we work toward the next amazing chapter of our organization. If you excel in a busy, dynamic and transitioning environment, this could be the place for you!
The Program Coordinators are responsible for working with victims of sexual assault. This includes attending court proceedings; hospital and medical examination accompaniment, crisis intervention, safety planning, and ongoing support. Program Coordinators attend and participate in meetings of the rape crisis team and local SARTs in their area.
Essential Job functions
- Respond to calls involving sexual assault.
- Work directly with victims of sexual assault in providing support, the full realm of advocacy, referrals and
- Work with first responders to sexual assault (emergency room, police, etc.) in ensuring that victims receive respectful and appropriate services and information.
- Act as liaison for victims of sexual assault with other agencies and with tribal, state, and federal criminal justice agencies and keep victims updated on the status of their cases and any criminal proceedings.
- Prepare paperwork including victim assistance compensation.
- Networking with and making referrals to other agencies that could assist victims.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting of all grant activity including statistics relating to services provided, the numbers served, and gathering and classifying other relevant data and statistics.
- Adhering to Utah Coalition Against Sexual Assault policies.
Competencies & Essential Skills:
- Problem Solving/Analytical Thinker: Ability to solve and analyze problems effectively and efficiently.
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills: Ability to provide exceptional customer service to supporters, partners, board members, and co-workers. Exceptional communication skills and ability to respond to difficult situations.
- Time Management: Ability to multitask and work efficiently within close time constraints. Ability to work under pressure and in a stressful environment.
- Business Knowledge: Ability to master the components of a state-wide coalition and partner organizations. Knowledge and understanding of Sexual Assault.
- Organization: Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and problem-solving techniques in the decision-making process.
- Technology/Tools: Ability to use various computer systems and applications including proficiency in online and electronic communication strategies.
- Compliance: Demonstrates commitment to UCASA’s mission and philosophy. Adhere’s to UCASA’s policies and is committed to acting legally and ethically within the scope of the work.
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Ability to manage time effectively and complete multiple tasks with minimal supervision. 2. Ability to maintain personnel and client confidentiality.
- Ability to partake in training and professional development which may require in-state or out-of-state travel.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization.
- Knowledge of direct victim services and the agencies involved with violence against women issues and sexual violence issues from a feminist perspective.
Minimum qualifications include a combined 2 or more years of education and experience: ● Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in women’s studies, political science, public policy, communications, criminal justice, social work, psychology...or another closely related field plus 6 months experience in victim advocacy and/or domestic violence/sexual assault work.
- High school diploma plus 2 years of relevant demonstrated experience (listed above) ● An understanding of and agreement with UCASA’s mission, values, and philosophy regarding the elimination of sexual violence, empowerment of victim/survivors, commitment to anti-oppression work, and social justice.
- Understanding and commitment to issues of cultural diversity and anti-racism. ● Ability to work scheduled hours on a regular basis, some weekends and evenings required.
- Visionary, enthusiastic, and invested in fulfilling the obligations of the position. Actively participates in the co-inspiration and co-creation of projects while providing momentum. ● Proficiency with general office duties, computer systems, and technology including website development and maintenance.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal communication, and public speaking skills. ● Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage time, evaluate progress, and adjust activities to complete projects within the established timeframe.
- Demonstrated experience functioning within multidisciplinary settings. ● Skilled in establishing effective working relationships.
- Ability to collaborate and invite collaboration.
- Able to demonstrate skills in effective communication, conflict resolution, and problem-solving.
- Ability to travel statewide, a valid Utah driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and valid auto insurance required.
UCASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process due to disability, it is available upon request. No applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Showing 3 reactions