Position: SANE Program Educator
Full Time Equivalency: Full Time, Hourly
Reports to: Program Development Director
Annual Salary: $66,560
We engage individuals and organizations in local and statewide collaborations to strengthen the effectiveness of sexual violence education, prevention, and response in Utah. UCASA started in 1996 when people from across the state came together to end sexual assault. We began a partnership with state agencies and service providers that lasts to this day. Together, we support survivors and work to prevent sexual assault in all forms. UCASA is growing! Over the past couple of years, UCASA has faced significant challenges and is in the process of re-imagining our work and our organization. This is an exciting time to be a part of this organization, to be on the ground as we work toward the next amazing chapter of our organization. If you excel in a busy, dynamic and transitioning environment, this could be the place for you!
The SANE Educator provides administrative, training and education support to ensure efficient program planning and achievement of VOCA grant objectives which include providing education and support to the 24 SANE programs in Utah. The SANE Educator’s responsibilities are inextricably tied to the success of all UCASA’s programs.
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Knowledge in SANE Program operations, policies, and protocols.
- 2. Comprehensive knowledge on how to provide care in a trauma-informed, patient-centered, evidence-based manner, that involves a multi-disciplinary approach and awareness community uniqueness.
Competencies & Essential Skills:
- Problem Solving/Analytical Thinker: Able to solve and analyze problems effectively and efficiently.
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills: Able to provide exceptional customer service to partners, SANE Programs, and co-workers. Exceptional communication skills and ability to respond to difficult situations.
- Time Management: Able to multitask and work efficiently within close time constraints. Ability to work under pressure and in a stressful environment. Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Professional Knowledge: Understand the role of the state-wide coalition and partner organizations. Understand dynamics of sexual violence. Demonstrates commitment to UCASA’s mission and philosophy. Familiarity with the National Protocol for Sexual Assault Medical Forensic Examinations, National Best Practices for Sexual Assault Kits and IAFN SANE Education Guidelines.
- Judgement and Decision Making: Able to exercise initiative, sound judgment and problem-solving techniques in the decision-making process.
- Technology/Tools: Able to use various computer systems and applications including proficiency in online and electronic communication strategies.
- Compliance: Adheres to UCASA’s policies and is committed to act legally and ethically within the scope of the work. Understands and complies with HIPAA and HITECH rules and regulations.
Essential Job functions
- Support Utah SANE programs to be evidence-based, patient-centered, trauma-informed, and sustainable.
- Provide onsite, email, and phone technical assistance (TA) to SANE programs.
- Assist with new program development.
- Provide call coverage for electronic medical record questions statewide.
- Provide education to SANE programs, including 40-hour SANE class, webinars, and skills classes.
- Provide supervision to SANE interns.
- Be able to complete an application for nursing continuing education.
- Work in collaboration with the Program Development Director and SANE Program Manager to fulfill all grant objectives and deliverables.
- Facilitate the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of training supplies.
- Manage training logistics, including reservations, AV needs, supplies and organizing all aspects for meetings.
- Provide grant reports updates and edit spreadsheets.
- Maintain confidential records and files.
- Facilitate and maintain a partnership with IAFN to facilitate the 40-hour SANE training according to federal guidelines and policy.
- Maintains statistical information on training program achievements in collaboration with the Program Development Director and SANE education team.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by performing responsibilities in a professional manner, models and encourages respectful communication, and facilitates strong collaboration with external agencies and community partners.
- Participate in staff meetings to share information and seek input and feedback.
- Collaborate with the SANE Education team responding to ongoing training and education needs of SANE teams, advocates, and allied professionals throughout Utah.
- Learn and adapt to new data management systems as needed.
- Able to proactively address problem situations, and work through conflict in a constructive manner.
- Ability to collaborate and invite collaboration.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Applicant must reside in the state of Utah
Minimum qualifications include
- BSN or higher degree in nursing.
- Current Utah Nursing License, SANE- A Certification or ability to be certified within a year of being hired.
- Have a minimum of three years practice as a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner.
- Experience testifying in sexual assault cases.
- Proficiency with general office duties, computer systems and technology.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal communication, and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage time, evaluate progress, and adjust activities to complete projects within established timeframe.
- Demonstrated experience functioning within multidisciplinary settings and with diverse populations.
- Skilled in establishing effective working relationships.
- Ability to travel statewide, a valid Utah driver’s license, access to an automobile, and valid auto insurance required.
UCASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process due to disability, it is available upon request. No applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to, [email protected]