We engage individuals and organizations in local and statewide collaborations to strengthen the effectiveness of sexual violence education, prevention, and response in Utah. UCASA started in 1996 when people from across the state came together to end sexual assault. We began a partnership with state agencies and service providers that lasts to this day. Together, we support survivors and work to prevent sexual assault in all forms. UCASA is growing! Over the past couple of years, UCASA has faced significant challenges and is in the process of re-imagining our work and our organization. This is an exciting time to be a part of this organization, to be on the ground as we work toward the next amazing chapter of our organization. If you excel in a busy, dynamic and transitioning environment, this could be the place for you!
- Assist with creation of social media strategy.
- Create outreach content (flyers, videos, social media posts) to increase awareness on sexual assault resources in Utah.
- Assist in the maintenance of a comprehensive list of statewide community events for community outreach.
- Support UCASA staff and outreach team at community events.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment efforts throughout the state.
- Work with other volunteers as directed by UCASA staff.
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently, manage time, evaluate progress, and adjust activities to complete projects within established time frames.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Applicants who have already completed the 40 hour Sexual Assault Advocacy Training provided through UCASA will be given preference but all individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Thorough understanding or sincere interest in acquiring knowledge of issues related to sexual assault.
- Fall internships (September to December), Winter internships (January-April), or summer internships (May-August) are available. Internships can be extended in some circumstances.
- 10-15 hours a week, flexible scheduling
- Community outreach and communications intern will report to the Outreach Coordinator.
- Small stipend will be provided
UCASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process due to disability, it is available upon request. No applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
To apply, send a resume to [email protected]. Please include three internship goals you would like to achieve during the course of your internship as well as any personal goals and opportunities that interest you. Please specify the time frame you are interested in, as we can set up future internships in advance.