We engage individuals and organizations in local and statewide collaborations to strengthen the effectiveness of sexual violence education, prevention, and response in Utah. UCASA started in 1996 when people from across the state came together to end sexual assault. We began a partnership with state agencies and service providers that lasts to this day. Together, we support survivors and work to prevent sexual assault in all forms. UCASA is growing! Over the past couple of years, UCASA has faced significant challenges and is in the process of re-imagining our work and our organization. This is an exciting time to be a part of this organization, to be on the ground as we work toward the next amazing chapter of our organization. If you excel in a busy, dynamic and transitioning environment, this could be the place for you!
The duties of this role are inclusive of, but not limited to the following:
- Create a positive organizational image to the general public, clients, shareholders and the community through a clear and impactful media campaign.
- Assist with streamlining company social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities.
- Collaborate with the UCASA board of directors to maintain and regulate a membership program. Including sending monthly newsletters to community partners and donors and facilitating marketing campaigns when needed.
- Write press releases, public service announcements, and other promotional materials for UCASA. Create and distribute content for Sexual Violence Awareness Month.
- Maintain UCASA website and content. Monitor proper program descriptions and staff information. Update ad hoc information as needed by staff.
- Coordinate with and build allies among media personalities and member organizations in order to provide accurate and victim-sensitive coverage of current events.
- Assist in maintenance and updates of ‘You Are A Survivor App’
- Adhere to the mission and policies of UCASA.
- Applicants interested should have the ability to work cooperatively in a small office with shared responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage time, evaluate progress, and adjust activities to complete projects within established time frames.
- Applicants should be skilled in establishing effective working relationships.
- Excellent word processing, clerical, and digital editing skills.
- Knowledge and experience with NationBuilder website host or similar technical experience is a bonus.
- Thorough understanding or sincere interest in acquiring knowledge of sexual assault issues.
- Commitment to promoting respect for cultural diversity and justice.
- Minimum high school degree required to apply.
- Applicants must have previously attended or attend as soon as possible upon hire, a 40 hour Sexual Assault Advocacy Training provided through UCASA.
Hours and Compensation
Utah Coalition Against Sexual Assault is not able to provide compensation for intern positions at this time. We understand a lack of compensation limits and unfairly displaces those interested who would otherwise be a good fit and are working towards securing funding to provide paid internships in the future. By submitting an application you are consenting to an unpaid internship that can provide compensation in the form of learning opportunities in partnership within a college or university, community building, skills practice, and justice work. Interns are scheduled for a semester (longer, if desired), for approximately 10 hours a week. Timing and schedules are flexible and can be discussed upon hire.
UCASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process due to disability, it is available upon request. No applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include three internship goals you would like to achieve during the course of your internship as well as any personal goals and opportunities that interest you. Please specify the time frame you are interested in, as we can set up future internships in advance.