The Utah Coalition Against Sexual Assault welcomes the opportunity to collaborate with your organization to deliver a comprehensive Rape Crisis Advocacy training that gives crisis line advocates the information and tools they need to handle calls from victims of sexual assault effectively and sensitively.
More specifically, this course will offer the following benefits:
- Give volunteers, staff, and advocates affiliated you’re your organization information and tools to understand the role of crisis line advocates
- Debunk myths about sexual assault and support volunteer and advocates in recognizing and combating bias
- Help crisis line volunteers and advocates maintain the dignity of victims
- Support crisis line volunteers and advocates in encouraging victim’s self-advocacy and personal decision making throughout the disclosure and reporting processes
- Situate each participant within their role as a volunteer, staff member, or allied agency of your organization and their responsibility to the agency, its clients, and to victims
- Offer additional training for 40 hour certified participants to gain additional skills
- Enable participants to make-up up to four missed hours of classroom training at their convenience
- Enable UCASA to certify volunteers, staff, and community allies as sexual assault counselors (allowing for confidential communications) on a state-wide level.
UCASA shares a commitment to training excellence, and we are confident that this collaborative training solution will be a valuable enhancement to your current volunteer and staff-training program.
As a professional training and development organization, UCASA combines instructional expertise with curriculum development skills, adult learning theory, human factors knowledge, an understanding of group facilitation dynamics, and an extensive history of advocacy and direct service experience.
Kaysville, UT 84037
Google map and directions