Knowledge is free at the library. Just bring your own container. -Unknown
The UCASA Lending Library
The UCASA Lending Library exists to provide resources and support to rape crisis centers, victim advocates, government, non-profit agencies, military bases, universities and any and every individual seeking a society free of sexual violence.
The library features a collection of books, films – both narrative and documentary, educational curriculum, reports, and magazines that focus on sexual assault advocacy, prevention and treatment. The UCASA library always welcomes donations of any materials that are relevant to the dialogue of sexual assault.
Access to the library is available to both UCASA Members and Non-Members.
UCASA Member Library Benefits
- UCASA members are allowed to check out up to 3 items at any one time.
- Members may have items shipped free of charge to a Utah address as long as their membership is active.
- Checkout time for members is 3 weeks.
- Members may place reservations on items up to 48 hours in advance.
Non-Member Library Benefits
- Non-Members are allowed to check out up to 2 items at any one time.
- Non-members may have 2 items shipped free of charge to a Utah address per year. Non-members will be charged for outgoing shipping on any additional items within a 12-month period.
- Checkout time for non-members is 2 weeks.
General Library Policies
In order to keep materials readily available for checkout, please note the following policies:
- Any individuals wishing to check out library items must complete a Library Borrower application. An active credit card is required to sign up for library services.
- Late fees will be charged as follows:
- $0.50 /daily late fee per book
- $1.00 daily late fee per video.
- On a positive note, late fees will go towards the purchase of more library items.
Materials that are postmarked or dropped off at the UCASA office after the due date are considered late.
- Lost or damaged materials:
- The borrower assumes full responsibility for the materials while they are checked out.
- If materials are lost, stolen, or damaged, UCASA will charge the borrower the cost of the replacement in addition to any associated shipping charges. If materials are not returned to UCASA after a month from the due date, UCASA will charge the replacement/shipping costs to borrower.
- Reference Materials:
- There are some materials in the library that are not available for checkout. They are marked as reference materials on the library listing. You may contact the UCASA office by phone or email to schedule a time to review these materials at the UCASA office.
- Checkout Period: 2-3 weeks, depending on membership status.
- Renewals are considered on a case-by-case basis.